States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Business Operations Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting key strategic and operational initiatives. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ furthering the mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. This person will be instrumental in expanding our geographical footprint. They will lead cross-functional efforts to define the regulatory requirements and implement accompanying operational solutions for ‘setting up shop’ in new states. Additionally, as business needs demand, this person will be excited to take on a diverse range of projects, ranging from the operationalization of our range of products in new markets to improving and scaling a centralized operations function. This person will be excited and energized to frequently take on new challenges, learn new processes, and forge new cross-functional relationships. They will collaborate with their fellow Business Operations teammates and the wider Operations team to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will collaborate with the Learning and Development function to proactively meet the needs of both our employees and our customers. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Application Support, Marketing, Underwriting, and Legal & Compliance teams. Once safe under governmental and company policies, they can expect frequent travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA, the States Title HQ in San Francisco, and eventually, future operations centers across the country. This role can be based in our HQ (San Francisco, CA) Irvine, CA, or Remote, reporting to a remote manager.
What will you be doing?
- Project manage the operationalization of our business model in new states
- Work with Sales, Go-to-Market, and Customer Success to understand the customer demand and profiles for a ‘new’ state
- Collaborate with Underwriting and Service Strategy to understand and solution for the regulatory requirements in a given state
- Host regular stakeholder meetings to proactively communicate project status updates and future plans
- Lead a cross-functional team to complete deliverables on time (or early!) to meet tight product delivery deadlines for our business leaders
- Act as the lead ‘problem solver’ for meeting all regulatory requirements in a given state, seeking SME input from Operations and Product colleagues
- Work with Vendor Management to lead the vendor vetting and selection process for new operational vendors, as necessary
- Collaborate with Learning and Development to produce high quality, digestible training materials for the Operations team on state-specific matters
- Meticulously document your work for Legal & Compliance and Product, including all processes, vendors, documents, and other artifacts produced during your expansion process
- Work autonomously, with minimal supervision in a distributed team across all North American time zones
- Quickly establish yourself as a trusted leader, known for getting your work done (and then some!)
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5 years in project or product management, consulting, and/or business operations
- Passion for process improvement, ability to structure complex processes and clearly identify the key issues
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate a path forward, balancing a diverse set of perspectives and priorities
- Comfort with constant change and leading projects with tight deadlines
- Excitement for learning States Title’s unique title and escrow operational technology and processes
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Strong analytical chops, comfort with data and modeling
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
- Ability to autonomously design, create, and deliver presentations for senior and executive leadership with minimal supervision
- Comfort working in a distributed team environment
- Comfort or willingness to learn the following technologies: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Project/Product Management technologies (e.g., Asana, AirTable, Notion), Slack, Zoom
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits, location dependent