Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We are looking for a versatile Principal Architect with deep experience in defining architecture and technology strategy, driving complex product roadmaps that align with business requirements, providing technical leadership, and mentoring engineers. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this role will lead the tech strategy and architecture of our platform, and develop a multi-year engineering vision and roadmap. The ideal candidate would have previous experience building incredible products for large enterprises and a proven track record of building applications, services, and infrastructure.
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to transform the world, then this role is for you!
- 15+ years of experience in product design and architectural leadership for enterprise facing engineering teams
- Led architecture strategy across multiple complex business domains, mentored engineers at all levels, worked with engineering operations to ensure that systems meet reliability, quality, and performance goals
- Strong innovation acumen with expertise in enterprise software development stack, industry tech best practices, and data-informed decision making
- Experience providing technical leadership, defining architecture best practices, and working with Engineering and Product leadership across the organization to meet business needs
- Strong opinions, loosely held, about all things engineering
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career, is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and continually evolve them to attract and retain the highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.