Who We Are
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
States Title is seeking a customer-obsessed, dynamic, and experienced Compliance Manager to join our team. This person will ideally have national experience handling escrow compliance for multiple states as part of the NATC entity.
- Manage and maintain the compliance monitoring programs and periodic testing procedures, including planning, reviewing, evaluating risks, identifying improvements to existing controls or designing useful new controls (including cost/benefit analysis) over settlement processing workflows, and maintaining applicable documentation for the compliance program.
- Manage the compliance training and vendor management programs.
- Assist the legal department in corporate governance, regulatory and insurance issues.
- Manage third party reviews of regional North American Title entities including regulatory compliance reviews.
- Develop strong, productive working relationships with internal customers. As a trusted advisor to various business units, maintain a strong grasp of North American Title and States Title corporate business model, processes, systems, and associated controls; propose and influence positive change in these areas.
- Monitor and escalate as warranted all open compliance findings until satisfactorily resolved. Prepare reports for senior management on the results and performance of the Compliance Program. Make recommendations to improve processes, reduce risks to the business, and improve future audit results.
- Liaise with States Title Corporate Director of Compliance on developments in State and Federal laws, regulations and policies that could impact the business, including industry best practices related to consumer protection and data security and privacy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Legal or a related field preferred.
- Experience in a compliance role; preferably in a highly regulated industry.
- Good judgment, organizational and analytical skills and keen attention to detail, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Very high commitment to accuracy, thoroughness, and polish of work.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products including Excel Pivot Tables.
- Willingness and ability to research and develop technology solutions to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Willingness and ability to learn the Company’s settlement business, including the basics of the product line; regulatory environment; basics of analytic and software development and deployment; end-user applications of products and services.
- 3-5 years of experience in an escrow compliance capacity.