States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Closer is a cornerstone of the States Title Operations team. This individual will ensure that closings are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for home-buyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Closer will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the closing process. This role will collaborate with the Customer Service and Customer Success functions to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience.
What will you be doing?
- Performing any or all escrow duties required of the closing, post-closing, and funding stages with confidence and professionalism
- Closing duties include:
- Confirming vesting during balancing
- Balancing a closing disclosure
- Working with vendors to schedule seamless, timely closings
- Preparing the final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, borrower proceeds preferences, borrower affidavits, and more
- Insisting on the timely and high quality of closings
- Ensuring that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1+ year direct escrow experience and/or prior experience in related roles, including title and curative work, mortgage processing, etc.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Proven customer service experience (High CSAT scores only)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA