Business Operations Director
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Business Operations Director will be responsible for supporting key strategic and operational initiatives. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ furthering the mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. This person will carry out a diverse range of projects related to expanding and optimizing a centralized operations function nationwide. Primary projects include leading our operations, technology, data science, and compliance teams to operationalize additional transaction types as well as leading a nationwide expansion of our new operating model. This person will be excited and energized to frequently take on new challenges, learn new processes, and forge new cross-functional relationships. They will collaborate with their fellow Business Operations teammates and the wider Operations team to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the US and will be reporting to a remote manager.
What will you be doing?
- Fully own and lead projects tied to expanding the operational reach of our centralized operation, including but not limited to new transaction types and new sales channels.
- Build strong working relationships with our day-to-day operations team and with our regional leadership across the country
- Conduct research and provide structured, strategic recommendations by leveraging data and insights on how to optimize our centralized and field operations in a highly regulated industry.
- Effectively communicate plans and updates to provide transparency, drive excitement, and manage concerns while gathering feedback for future improvement.
- Collaborate with our broader Operations Team, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and deploy operational technological solutions to areas of inefficiency.
- Build a repeatable playbook for and project manage large scale, cross functional launches to scale our current initiatives nationwide
What skills and experience do you need?
- 7-10 years in management consulting and/or business operations
- Superior communication and change management skills
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to structure complex processes and clearly identify the key issues
- Strong analytical chops, comfort with data and modeling
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits