Manager of Claims
Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is now seeking a Manager of Claims to be responsible for planning and executing initiatives to support market awareness of the States Title solution. You will be responsible for driving growth and adoption efforts as the solutions footprint capabilities increase.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the Role
This position manages an in-house staff of attorneys and their claims. This position will troubleshoot all issues that the attorneys face in relation to claims. We are looking for a creative, process-oriented individual to provide senior-level management with the data and information they need. This person needs to be capable of getting in the weeds with their team all while maintaining a role of leadership.
- Responsible for the operations and performance of the Claims Department.
- Oversee claims handling by in-house staff counsel
- Oversee and respond to governmental inquiries
- Handle own claims portfolio
- Maintain consistent compliance in all aspects of claims administration and regulatory requirements.
- Provide direct support and leadership to the management and staff Claims Department.
- Develop processes and/or systems as they relate to the department and company's initiatives/programs and/or regulatory changes/requirements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as they relate to claims operations and administration.
- Analyze, design and manage project workflow processes, timeframes and resources.
- Oversee the development and improvements of claims related projects to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Stay abreast of all regulatory and case law updates for multiple jurisdictions.
- Develop financial and performance reports for senior management.
- Able to consistently produce high-quality work product within tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Experience
- Juris Doctorate
- Prior peer mentorship experience (4+ years)
- Able to consistently multi-task
- In-depth knowledge and high degree of proficiency in title and escrow claims
- Litigation and Risk Management experience a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.