Tell the world about the brand that is transforming the real estate industry!
States Title is seeking a Director of External Communications who will be responsible for all public relations efforts for the company.
States Title enables an instant real estate closing experience. We use machine intelligence and a patented technology solution to transform residential real estate, making closings instant and affordable. States Title and our family of brands - North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offers solutions for lenders, real estate agents, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction. Our clients include some of the largest bank and non-bank lenders in the U.S., and we are rapidly growing.
About the Role
States Title is looking for a dynamic and experienced communications professional to join our growing team. This role requires a leader who has a strong background in PR strategy, media relations, thought leadership, analytics, and agency management, and can balance thinking strategically with the ability to move nimbly and get things done. Reporting to the VP of Brand and Communications, this role will shape and guide the company’s holistic PR efforts, playing a key role in elevating brand awareness and positioning States Title as an industry leader.
- Define strategic goals for PR at States Title and outline a roadmap to achieve those goals.
- Provide input into and manage a PR budget, including internal, agency, and freelance resources.
- Develop content and pitches that advance the company narrative and secure media placement across top tier business press and industry verticals.
- Partner with internal teams from across the organization to develop a thought leadership content calendar, and efficiently generate quality content (yep, this means researching and writing content on behalf of our thought leaders!).
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, media professionals, and other industry influencers.
- Organize and manage interview requirements (scheduling, briefing docs, etc.); generate and field requests for quotes and other business information; write press releases and manage company news cycles; identify and fulfill requirements for awards and speaking opportunities.
- Constantly be tracking and analyzing trending media topics; regularly report on PR campaign performance, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- 7+ years of experience in external communications / public relations roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership position. Startup experience a plus.
- A strong team player who works effectively with cross-functional groups.
- Experience managing team members and agency partners who deliver results.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong relationships with journalists and other key media influencers.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to tailor writing style to stay consistent with the voices of various company thought leaders.
- A hands-on approach to building a PR program; a self-starter who is motivated to show measurable results.
- Financial Press experience, and a background of working within a public organization is a plus.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our greatest benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours and an unlimited vacation policy
- A dynamic 401(k) plan and company match program
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.