Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
About the Role
States Title is seeking a customer-obsessed, dynamic, and experienced Legal Assistant to join our growing team.
- Assist with routine contract management, preparation, and negotiation.
- Maintain and improve library of legal forms, templates, and documents.
- Support administration of the vendor management program.
- Research, monitor, and track developments in state and federal laws, regulations, and policies that could impact the business.
- Perform tasks related to lease administration.
- Prepare regulatory filings as needed.
- Support maintenance of company licenses.
- Maintain organizational charts and assist with corporate governance initiatives.
- Provide general legal support on an as needed basis with respect to various areas of the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Legal or a related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate a plus.
- Experience as a legal assistant/paralegal, preferably in a highly regulated industry.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products.
- Good judgment, organizational and analytical skills and keen attention to detail, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Very high commitment to accuracy, thoroughness, and polish of work.
- Willingness and ability to learn the States Title business, including the basics of the product line and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a passion for measuring performance and making strategy adjustments based on results.
- A self-starter who can work well collaboratively, deliver on commitments, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.