Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics, cutting-edge technology, and machine learning to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Director, Facilities & Business Resiliency role is one that requires a combination of portfolio strategy, transactional project management, vendor management, and business continuity & recovery expertise. We are seeking an experienced leader with a proven track record of successfully managing a large volume of simultaneous, complex transactions/projects under demanding timelines. The successful candidate must be comfortable operating as a strategic advisor to senior leadership, and as an expert at tactical implementation to first line management and staff. The ideal candidate is an experienced and engaging professional who is customer obsessed and excels within an entrepreneurial culture. This role requires that an individual be strategic but also dive deep, actively negotiate, and maintain intimate knowledge of transactions. The role is responsible for ensuring States Title is prepared to successfully deal with both large and small unplanned business interruption by implementing a federated resiliency, continuity, and recovery model across the entire organization. Partnering with this virtual team the Director, Facilities & Business Resiliency will identify critical business process areas, the risks to/within them, and the necessary plans to recover from them in order to maintain continuity and resiliency. Evidence to the efficacy of the plans will be demonstrated/proven through regular testing and, as applicable, modifications to them.
- Effectively manage and leverage a small team of Facilities and Business Continuity professionals to lead/influence a significantly larger cross-functional team of individuals imbedded within the various business and support areas of the company.
- Optimize our real estate footprint by balancing the business need for brick-and-mortar facilities with a strategy for limiting unnecessarily redundant locations and increasing remote work where feasible/practical.
- Manage and negotiate both simple and complex leases under demanding circumstances and within tight timeframes.
- Directly manage broker partner(s) to draft and negotiate Requests for Proposals (RFP), Letters of Intent (LOI), Leases, and/or Subleases from inception through full execution.
- Partner with States Title’s Finance team, FP&A specifically, to generate comparative financial analysis including lease cash flows, building valuations, etc.
- Work with internal legal counsel in preparing all documentation relating to any transaction, including RFP’s, Letters of Intent, Lease Agreements, Amendments, Agency Agreements, etc.
- Identify, onboard and then directly manage a strategic broker and property management partner responsible for ongoing facilities management (e.g. cleaning and maintenance, upcoming renewals, new leases, lease exits, etc.).
- Develop and then promote Business Resilience Program goals, objectives, and strategies that seeks to optimally align our real estate strategy to our business continuity objectives.
- Partner with the business to identify the most critical business processes.
- Implement regular Business Impact Assessments (BIA), monitor the development of States Title’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans, conduct annual business risk assessments, and adjust business continuity and recovery plans as needed.
- Establish and maintain incident management protocols, processes, reporting, and coordination across the organization.
- Partner with Learning & Organizational Development on Incident Response training and resource guides for senior leaders, as well as frontline management and staff.
- Establish, evaluate and implement real estate and BCP metrics that proactively identify cross-functional dependencies and issues requiring actions for resolution/mitigation.
- Manage regular incident response exercises and share with senior leadership the results and any recommended adjustments to plans.
- Manage and coordinate across the entire company any/all events that trigger BCP implementation.
- Prepare and present high-level presentations, proposals, and analysis summaries to senior business, finance, and support leaders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners (Business Unit leaders, CFO, CTO, COO, CPO, General Counsel, etc.).
- Help to create, implement and then continuously cultivate a culture of flexibility and frugality that is ever mindful of the criticality of business continuity and resiliency.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in commercial facilities and vendor management with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or 15 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Three to five years of oversight responsibilities for company business continuity and resilience, inclusive of crisis management and disaster recovery.
- Proven ability to lead and influence through exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and uniform building codes, and ability to read and interpret building plan specifications/schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Proven project management expertise in the areas of office construction, business continuity plan development and testing, vendor selection and management, cost reduction, and capital improvement projects.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance activities, including HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, in particular, MS Excel.
- Well organized with high service standards.
- Extensive experience with real estate lease agreements/contracts, their terms, and knowing when to bring in legal experts and how best to focus their efforts.
- Experience building and managing both direct and indirect teams, as well as vendor partners.
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
- An unquestionable affinity for creating value for all stakeholders