Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is now seeking an Accounting Payable Manager to be responsible for overseeing a team of 3-5 people in Chicago, IL.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join the team. This role will be reporting to the Corporate Controller and working in our Chicago, IL. In addition to department management, this position will be responsible for contributing to system implementations, system maintenance, and process improvement.
- Oversee the AP Workflow, utilizing Corcentric and Netsuite
- Ensure the processing of AP payments, primarily ACH, wires and checks are completed accurately and timely
- Address vendor inquiries in a timely manner and in a positive and collaborative fashion
- Integrate new AP Workflow systems to establish automatic payment processing with key vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements, investigating and correcting any discrepancies
- Set up new vendors and maintain vendor files making sure information is complete and accurate, including obtaining W-9 documents
- Manage T&E reimbursement process utilizing Expensify Workflow
- Develop and improve T&E Policies and Procedures for the organization and ensure compliance is maintained
- In addition to technology maintenance and related process improvements, further refine and improve the AP function and improve the team processes by suggesting and implementing operational improvements
- Take ownership of the annual 1099 process. Ensure reporting is up to IRS standards, implement safeguards to improve system information.
- Drive metrics, root cause analysis and escalation management
- Prepare documents related to finances, reporting and budgets
- Develop qualitative and quantitative standards for members of AP department
- Work closely with the financial accounting team to ensure accuracy of monthly financial data
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in accounts payable within a large company
- Strong supervisory experience
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.