In accordance with company objectives and guidelines, reporting practices, controls and procedures which conform to accepted accounting principles and reflects operating costs, budgets and profitability. Preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory/statutory filings, preparation of GAAP financials, regional/field communication, financial analysis, operational and business analysis, development of annual budget, preparation of monthly forecasts, participate with cross-functional teams on special projects, etc.
Education, Licenses And Certificates:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Five years accounting experience.
- External reporting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Strong financial analysis experience.
- Regulatory compliance experience required.
- Statutory compliance experience helpful.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of regulatory/statutory compliance helpful.
- SEC knowledge helpful.
- Strong Excel skills with array formulas, macros and other advanced functions
- JD Edwards, AS400, NetSuite, Smartview experience, helpful.
- Reports Now experience, helpful
- Sage Intact experience, helpful
- Ability to quickly learn the company's procedures, policies and practices.
- Ability to understand general and complex accounting operations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, integrity and ethics.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and skillfully with other associates and management.
- Ability to exercise initiative within the guidelines of the position.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Solid and accurate math and accounting skills are essential.
- Detail oriented.
- Creative, and able to find automated solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Utilizes generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP)
- Conversion of GAAP to STAT financials
- Preparation of Tax Provisions under STAT to Tax Basis
- Premium Tax Preparation and or review.
- Statistical Reporting to multiple states
- Reconciliation of Claims
- Reconciliation of Revenue
- Preparation on various actuarial report workpapers
- Miscellaneous filings in 40 states.
- Analyzes financial data.
- Produces regular and requested financial and/or management reports.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepares regulatory filings.
- Statutory reporting.
- Insurance Commissioner reporting.
- Prepares operational and business analysis.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Prepares monthly forecasts.
- Prepares regional field communications.
- Works with cross-functional teams on special projects.
- Assistance with multiple State Audits as well as external and internal audits