States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
We're growing our Cybersecurity team
Reporting to the Director of Information Security & Compliance, the Senior Cyber Security Engineer will actively participate in security program and control design, implementation, administration, documentation and working with internal teams and external stakeholders on technical projects.
This Senior Engineer is responsible for performing various hands-on cybersecurity activities including controls analysis and implementation at every layer of the technology architecture (application, database, network) and conducting technical application & architecture design reviews and gap assessments to mitigate cyber risk. Additional responsibilities include participating in cyber event/incident response and other risk analysis activities, selection/implementation of appropriate security solutions, and cyber security audit remediation follow ups. The Senior Engineer promotes an efficient and secure IT environment in alignment with present and future cyber risks.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team with a fantastic organization. In this role you will be exposed to various cutting-edge technologies, including various cloud platforms and the latest cyber security technologies to ensure their protection.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology or a related study or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years Information/Cyber security experience with a minimum of 3 years of cyber security engineering experience
- Technical expertise in security-related hardware and software; ability to function as a consultant to other IT groups on security matters as a recognized technical expert and to lead teams in making sound risk-based decisions
- Deep technical knowledge of security, as well as industry trends
- Extensive experience in developing security documentation and standards
- Experience in working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and experience working as a Cyber Security architect or engineer, developing/designing/maintaining security solutions and configuring and working with IAM systems, tuning Firewall/IPS/SIEM systems, and application and/or architecture design reviews
- Expert-level knowledge and experience working with various security aspects of cloud environments including Microsoft Azure, O365, AWS or other similar relevant environments
- Expert-level knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Azure-ATP, AIP, multi-factor authentication, CloudAppSec, Defender-ATP, EOP-ATP, Sentinel, desired
- Knowledge of industry-standard risk/control frameworks: AICPA SOC 1 or 2, CIS Top 20, COSO, NIST, COBIT, etc. is a plus
- Strong analytical problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Strong technical documentation and communication skills
- Skilled at preparing clear, accurate and concise records and reports
- Skilled at using tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations
- One or more security certifications desired: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, SANS GIAC – GSEC, CompTIA Network+, Security+ or Cyber security Analyst (CySA+), or other relevant certifications a plus.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Follow established cyber security procedures and recommend process and procedural improvements where necessary
- Stay abreast of new innovations and trends related to security-focused technologies
- Evaluate IT infrastructure and applications, including network devices, firewalls, VPNS, desktop and server configuration, database security, and other security devices and applications, with a goal of eliminating or mitigating security risk.
- Perform security architecture implementation and reviews
- Perform application security reviews
- Lead the evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems and make recommendations to management
- Work with technical support teams to provide security solutions, tools and processes to ensure secure business operations
- Communicate unresolved security exposures, misuse, or non-compliance situations to management
- Develop relevant policies and procedures for cyber security areas, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive packages
- Health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.