Be part of the team that transforms the mortgage industry
Want to infuse a $20B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction requires our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow makes sure the right people get paid at the end of the day.
In an uncertain real estate market, lenders, banks and realtors are dying to know how to boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience is leaps and bounds above what they’re used to in terms of speed and value in title and escrow.
Our streamlined algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company in early 2019 to go from startup to #8 in the country. With a broader nationwide footprint and a huge data set for machine learning, we are poised to transform this industry. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We're hiring a technical writer to join our Product team
We're seeking an outstanding technical writer to take the lead on defining and driving our product and technical documentation efforts. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about dividing their time as follows: document preparation, strategic and stakeholder planning with the product team, and management of processes across the technical org. You will be freed of bureaucracy and "managing managers"; you will be both a people leader, and in the weeds; accountable for helping develop our product documentation chops, as we launch products and features in 2020.
As a technical writer at States Title, you'll take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. You'll interact frequently with a leadership team that has significant accomplishments at PayPal, Oracle, McKinsey, and Capital One behind them. Much more than a document writer, you'll talk directly with VP+ stakeholders and recommending strategies to change the direction of the company.
Do you have what it takes?
- 4+ years as a technical writer
- Ability to express complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable with remote team collaboration
- Comfortable with cross team collaboration
- Passionate about ‘FinTech’ and ‘PropTech’ technology
- Experience of working in Agile-Scrum software development methodology
- Comfortable with B2B concepts and communication
- A team player whom is comfortable working independently with limited supervision
We'd like to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan, and we even match it!
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.