States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Recording Associate is a cornerstone of the States Title Operations team. This individual will ensure that all documents associated with each transactions are on record with the requisite county in a timely, accuracy, and precise manner, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Recording Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the title process. This role will require the associate to utilize their expertise in understanding various county regulations to help process recording rejections by interacting and coordinating with the various parties in a transaction. The role will also collaborate with other functions within Operations to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Recording Associate will be based in our Sacramento, CA location.
What will you be doing?
- Examine documents to ensure adherence to company standards, lender recording instructions, and county rules to verify satisfaction of all requirements, correctness and sufficiency of names, dates, legal, descriptions, etc.
- Submit documents for recording upon disbursement.
- As rejections are received from vendors and county recorders, communicate with various parties, such as States Title’s lenders and borrowers, document resigns, county recorders, etc. to correct rejections and resubmit for recording.
- Ensure all emails and communications are answered within established timelines
- Quality control on recording fees
- Respond to customer service requests designated towards the recording department
- Assist with other administrative assignments and projects when required
What skills and experience do you need?
- University Degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Prior industry experience in mortgage processing, title, closing, and escrow
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with extended hours when required (especially at end of month)
- Capability to understand and operate successfully within an task-based workflow software system