Operations Business Process Analyst
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Centralized Operations Team is in need for a Business Process Analyst to help drive measurable business process improvements aligned with our goals and objectives. The Business Process Analyst works cross-functionally within Centralized Operations and the broader company to understand and strengthen our customer-focused business processes, streamline key processes and sub-processes, and proactively identify and execute on operational excellence and measurable areas for improvement.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with operations and business leaders to identify and analyze core business processes and workflows
- Work closely with business units to gain an understanding of business/operational needs and requirements
- Document requirements and manage changes from current (as-is) to target (to-be) design states
- Lead process redesign & reengineering workshops with business end-users providing them adequate support and training
- Maintain business processes and group documentation
- Documenting process and workflows
- Developing clear and detailed process maps and business requirements
- Identifying issues and risks
- Documenting maintaining, and sharing best practices, provide guidance and recommendations for process improvements
- Execute on process improvement recommendations and lead small projects
- Identifying opportunities to leverage technology to generate efficiencies
What skills and experience do you need?
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Process Analyst or process improvement / process re-engineering
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows
- Experience assisting business units to evaluate and implement process and technology improvements
- Strong business/customer communication and engagement skills
- Experience developing and documenting business requirements
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations
- High level of competence with MS Office suite and process mapping tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate with and present to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment as a role player and leader
- Strong analytical skill set (financial and operational analysis; Root cause problem solving)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Six Sigma or Lean process improvement training and experience using those principles to streamline business processes is a plus
- Financial industry/mortgage experience is highly recommended
- Project Management training or equivalent project experience is preferred
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits