Operations Data Analyst
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
To achieve our mission, we are seeking a Data Analyst to support our reporting and analytics function to inform business decisions, to improve efficiency, and to help drive progress against our company initiatives. In this role, you’ll encounter complex data problems, will work to untangle them, and translate them into actionable insights. We are looking for an analytical, detail and data-oriented individual to help continue to transform our business and obtain actionable results. This role is an opportunity to help transform the way we operate and transition to a new technology-driven business model. Working with Operations and Technology Senior Leadership, you will help drive progress against our existing initiatives and help identify the most significant operational and technological challenges. If you like problem solving, have experience pulling insights out of qualitative and quantitative data sources, and enjoy a collaborative, multi-functional, and dynamic environment, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a detailed understanding of existing business to build insights about our operational processes that will drive business decisions/initiatives critical to ongoing growth
- Create new and improve existing metrics, reports, and BI dashboards to empower end-users and scale our national fulfillment capabilities
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather reporting requirements and understand business needs from a data perspective
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements;
- Identify data gaps and data quality issues, develop recommendations to address these issues, and drive the implementation of solutions
- Perform ad-hoc analyses (modeling, data analysis and reporting) to create important insights and support core business initiatives
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1-2+ years of work experience in analytics, business operations, strategy consulting or investment banking
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with business tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Proficient in SQL and advanced proficiency with Excel
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; intellectually curious
- Good listening skills: Ability to work with others to solicit and understand business requirements.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits