Business Operations Manager
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, designing, and executing on all non-technical opportunities for improvement at our new state-of-the-art operations center(s). This person will work closely with the ops team, customer success team, center associates, and other stakeholders to understand the current processes, understand the pain points and, duplicated efforts, etc. They will use this to identify opportunities to create measurably more efficient and more delightful experiences for our customers and build those into the day to day operations of our business. They will develop efficient and well-documented processes and trainings to launch and execute any process changes for associates. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ furthering the mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. They will collaborate with the Learning and Development function to proactively meet the needs of both our employees and our customers. They will collaborate with their fellow Operations Managers and Director to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams. They will begin with frequent travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA and eventually to future centers across the country.
What will you be doing?
- Own and continuously refresh detailed mapping of end to end customer experience
- Use process mapping to identify  non-technical opportunities for efficiency gains, better customer experience, and improved ease of use for associates
- Prioritize, design and implement process improvement processes in collaboration with Product team and Learning & Development team
- Support strategy, planning, and ramp up of state-of-the-art operations center in Irvine CA and any future new center
- Work with Biz Ops team to launch future operations centers and States’ ability to process more complex transactions
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years in business operations, customer success and/or consulting
- Passion for process improvement, ability to structure complex processes and clearly identify the key issues
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical chops, comfort with data
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits