Product Operations Manager
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Product Operations Manager will be responsible for operationalizing new features, fixes, and launches in States Title’s new state of the art operations centers. This person will build a testing operation to vet, provide feedback, train, plan rollout, and execute launch for all new features to ensure successful release. This person will work closely with the product team to understand new features, release timing, level of risk, and training needed. They will be accountable for making sure all new features are launched successfully, employees are trained, and efficiencies are achieved. They will develop efficient and well-documented processes and own continuous process improvement driven by performance metrics. They will inspire their team to create a delightful customer experience, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future.’ They will collaborate with the Learning and Development function to proactively meet the needs of both our employees and our customers. They will collaborate with their fellow Operations Managers and Director to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams. They will begin with frequent travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA and eventually to future centers across the country.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with Product team to create a release calendar for new features and integrations, balancing the need for efficiency with minimal disruption to current operations
- Create and manage testing and training plans for new features, new customers, and new geographies
- Evaluate new features and provide feedback for Product team; Determine when testing is successful and sufficient
- Work with Learning and Development team to coordinate trainings for new features
- Manage rollout to broader team, whether full trainings, how-to guides, etc.; Ensure on-time completion and training in line with new feature releases
- Work with the leadership at the center to create a system of QA checks throughout the order process with the goal of eliminating all customer-impacting errors; Establish roles and responsibilities for a sustainable QA practice
- Work with Biz Ops team to launch future operations centers and States’ ability to process more complex transactions
What skills and experience do you need?
- 2-4 years in product/project management
- Experience working with cross-departmental technical teams
- Experience implementing new technology at scale
- Bias toward ownership/action
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Highly proficient computer skills and open to learning new software/ programs often
- Title and escrow experience is a bonus but not required
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits