States Title is reinventing the $14 billion market for title insurance
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. We believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
Customer Obsessed: We always put our customers first.
Solution Driven: We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
People Leaders: We grow all of our people into leaders.
One Team: We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
Direct with Respect: We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to national title, closing & escrow, compliance program, testing, enterprise wide risk assessments and vendor management for multiple entities. Interact with business operations, regulators and underwriters in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation, licensing &/or audits. Recommend and implement compliance initiatives which match the industry regulatory environment as well as provide legal support in relation to key regulatory requirements impacting the title/closing industry at the state and federal level.
Key Job Functions
- Very detailed oriented person to assist in implementing multiple aspects of an effective compliance program
- Compliance Testing - Conduct testing and monitoring of business practices, forms, rates, and other requested items
- Internal Audits - conduct audits of insurance policies for compliance with regulations, filed rates and approved forms.
- External Audit – assist with the responses to third party regulatory audits.
- Vendor Management
- Enterprise wide risk management
- Assist with licensing compliance in national market for states and underwriters;
- Review licensing applications for accuracy and compliance with applicable state regulations.
- Maintain policies and procedures;
a. Create, document, update and maintain annual review of policy and procedure documents.
b. Identify high risk areas in processes.
- Individual Licensing Compliance – maintain and track individual employee license requirements.
- Training – assist in day to day and more formal efforts to train people in regulatory compliance.
- Act as compliance resource to answer questions from internal operations teams and other duties as assigned.
- Become a SME within this role and act as a point person for compliance-related issues.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
Qualified title/escrow compliance expert, auditor, consultant, legal professional or other with proven ability to very strong attention to details, strong in excel and presentation skills, manage multiple projects simultaneously, high degree of accuracy, detail orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Must be highly organized multi-tasker comfortable with meeting recurring deadlines with the ability to work independently, and the ability to collaborate and engage with employees of all levels, including partners and regulators.
5+ years of related experience or significant experience in title/closing/escrow establishing and/or assessing corporate governance framework and practices preferably in the title/closing/escrow/legal environment
As a condition of employment with States Title, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a complete background investigation.