States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Concierge Manager will be responsible for building an Concierge/ Customer Service Department from the ground up, hiring a team of up to 50 associates that will deliver measurably exceptional ‘white glove’ customer service. They will hire and lead the Concierge/ Customer Service Department and be accountable for this department’s ability to handle all incoming communication, treat urgent requests and errors with the highest priority, and lead the charge making customer-driven changes throughout the business. They will develop efficient and well-documented processes and own continuous process improvement driven by performance metrics. They will inspire their team to create a delightful customer experience, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future.’ They will coach and grow their team and introduce an enforce data-driven management and goal setting . They will drive their team to quickly and seamlessly adopt innovative technology that will ensure a delightful customer experience. They will collaborate with the Customer Success function to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful title and escrow experience. They will collaborate with their fellow Operations Managers and Director to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams. They will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA, with occasional travel to States Title’s San Francisco headquarters.
What will you be doing?
- Welcome & Grow
- Create team operating, management, and performance norms and review cadence
- Own team staffing and scheduling, meeting month-over-month capacity goals
- Successfully onboard new associates and customers, ensuring that your team gets up to speed quickly and is delivering on customer-specific expectations
- Own & Advise
- Own your team’s ability to deliver excellent, error-free service in the customer service experience. Constantly measure your team’s progress and ensure their success against key metrics. Create and drive clear solutions to address performance challenges.
- Search constantly for strategic and operational improvements to your team’s processes, structure, and culture and drive these improvements through to solution. Document and formalize these processes to create clear sources of truth and easy-to-follow procedures
- Inspire & Coach
- Manage Concierge Team Lead(s), monitoring and developing their performance and coaching them on best practices for:
- Serving as the first point of contact for all customers
- Providing superior service
- Advocating for customers
- Providing transaction support to title and escrow associates.alism, intervening in file-level concerns only where absolutely necessary
- Lead team with data-driven approach, leveraging internal performance metrics (e.g., SLA-adherence, file quality, customer communication volume and topics, etc.) and customer health metrics (e.g., communication volume, order volume, etc.)
- Foster a team experience that manifests the States Title cultural values:
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Have fun! Create encouraging team incentives and promote team cohesion and trust
- Collaborate & Contribute
- Forge excellent relationships with fellow Operations Managers
- Collaborate closely with the People Team to hone a scalable associate interview process and develop a consistent, healthy hiring pipeline
- Provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Customer Success, Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years title, curative, and escrow operations experience; 3+ years in a customer service position; 3+ years in a leadership position
- Proven mastery of title, curative, closing, and post-closing requirements, including state-specific nuances. Proficiency in Resware a plus!
- Ability to:
- Inspire and coach a team to perform at near-maximum capacity
- Execute operational improvements quickly and efficiently based on performance metrics
- Make metrics-driven recommendations and decisions
- Foster a fast-paced, metrics-driven, high-performance work environment
- Navigate and interpret team performance dashboards
- Contingency plan calmly and efficiently as necessary
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as both a team player and leader
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Highly proficient computer skills and open to learning new software/ programs often
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)