Build operational excellence for the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
States Title is now seeking a creative Instructional Designer that is passionate about adult learning to take our operations to the next level. The Instructional Designer will work with our trainer(s) to support and empower team members to learn and grow as we rapidly scale the States Title solution.
This role reports to States Title’s Senior Manager, Learning and Development and is based on-site in the Orange County area.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
- Design and build effective training content using adult learning principles that fits the needs of the learner (includes e-learning, live classroom, blended learning content).
- Translate operationally complex processes and information into accessible, relevant, and engaging learning experiences and resources.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand learning needs and train trainers on delivery of learning experiences.
- Leverage project management skills to independently manage multiple small to medium scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Collect and measure learning outcomes using data through the development of exercises, surveys, and assessments; analyze results and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Become an expert on our operational processes and technologies to effectively support engaging delivery for synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Measure performance to continuously iterate training content and facilitation.
- Support the set-up and maintenance of States Title’s Learning Management System and other learning resources to ensure e-learning content is uploaded and working properly on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrate ability to welcome feedback and embody a growth mindset.
- Communicate effectively with clarity, credibility, and timeliness.
Required Skills & Experience
- Mastery of adult learning theory and its application to learning solutions.
- Proven work experience in instructional design and/or experience developing high-impact adult learning content (online, blended, in-person).
- Strong command of Title and Escrow closing processes and best practices.
- A track record for successful project management.
- Strong ability to manage up and communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- Familiar using learning management systems and authoring tools.
- An affinity for accuracy and an ability to deliver defect-free training materials.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Consulting experience or solid history working effectively with cross-functional partners.
- Proficiency using Learning Management Systems and authoring tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance