Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Senior Finance Associate, Financial Modeling will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and Strategic Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for short- and long-term financial modeling (including, debt repayment capacity, cash flow modeling), responding to request from current investors (some of the top VC funds in the Country), and participating in conversations with potential VC funds / Private Equity firms interested in investing in the Company.
- Design, maintain, and enhance LOB financial models, for internal and external purposes.
- Design, maintain, and enhance long-term valuation modeling.
- Design, maintain, and enhance existing unit economics models, to inform the business of margin-based decision making.
- Maintain cash flow model and forecast for operational cash burn.
- Participate in conversations with current and potential investors.
The Senior Finance Associate, Financial Modeling will be a seasoned Finance professional with superior drive and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have an impact on the future of the business. The successful candidate will have a solutions-based mindset, a strong customer focus, and be an advocate of States Title culture and values.
- Min 5-7 years of relevant experience in related financial planning discipline.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills. Thorough understanding of financial statements, cash flow modeling, ability to translate credit agreements into financial projections. Ideally has completed an analyst or associate training program at an Investment Bank or similar experience (i.e. Training the Street).
What's relevant experience? Any of the following:
- Management Consulting toolkit: able to partner/consult with our most senior business unit heads, ideally based on 2-4 years at elite strategy consulting firm like McKinsey, Bain or BCG.
- Investment Banking: completed 1-2 years of an Associate program post-MBA and looking to transition into a high-growth startup.
- FinTech: ideally, you have worked with businesses that deploys credit or are regulated like banking or insurance products.
- Bonus: Series A/B/C startup experience: you have operated independently with little or no direction and identified value creating opportunities for Finance, driving results & company growth.
Our definition of success:
- Can identify business and operational challenges and own these issues. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and solve problems by executing on value creation via new solutions for the company and its customers.
Strengths aligned with our needs
- Creative skills - Are you able to dream up solutions and experiences that surprise stakeholders?
- Business acumen - Once you’re comfortable with the business model, can you estimate on the spot whether a newly proposed solution is profitable
- Understanding of technical implementation costs - Can you provide an independent estimate of the time to complete a project?
- Collaboration skills - Can you get a group to make a controversial decision in less than 30 minutes?
- Communication skills - Can you sense friction between stakeholders and your team before it materializes, and solve it almost presciently?
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
- Strong interpersonal skills; high EQ.
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to think strategically, but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.
- An undergraduate degree is required; a Master’s degree in Business or Finance is ideal.