States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Escrow Associate is a cornerstone of the States Title Operations team. This individual will ensure that closings are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Escrow Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the closing process. This role will collaborate with the Customer Service and Customer Success functions to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Escrow Associate will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Performing any or all escrow duties required of the closing, post-closing, and funding stages with confidence and professionalism
- Closing duties include:
- Confirming vesting during balancing
- Balancing a closing disclosure
- Working with vendors to schedule seamless, timely closings
- Preparing the final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, borrower proceeds preferences, borrower affidavits, and more
- Insisting on the timely and high quality of closings
- Ensuring that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing
- Post-Closing duties include:
- Performing post-close file reviews for accuracy of vesting, right-to-cancel, notes, DOTs, 1003s, and all other lender docs from closing
- Informing borrowers of how to send or receive funds
- Performing payoffs
- Balancing files as needed
- Preparing files for final policy generation, recording, and settlement statement
- Handling HELOC post-closing processes as necessary
- Funding duties include:
- Balancing files as needed
- Receipting lender and/or borrower funds
- Performing final pre-funding quality control checks, including ensuring that a file is balanced, payoffs are accurate, partners are accurate, liens have been cleared, and that the notary payment accurate
- Disbursing files and sending documents for prompt recording
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1+ year direct escrow experience and/or prior experience in related roles, including title and curative work, mortgage processing, etc.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Proven customer service experience (High CSAT scores only)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance