Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Corporate Communications Specialist will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate will be trained and experienced in all aspects of corporate communications, with prior hands-on experience developing and driving such to successful completion. The Corporate Communications Specialist will support the development and execution of a strategic internal communications program that aligns with States Title’s business priorities, as well as shapes employee engagement and champions the cultural values for the organization in order to enable business success and contribute to making States Title the place where the best people in the industry come together to do the best work of their careers.
- Create engaging and informative communications that are tailored to various audiences (e.g., executives, People Team, business leaders, and frontline employees), yet retain a consistent and common connection to the organization’s core values
- Support the development and implementation of all company-wide communications
- Support the business and the members of the People Team on the development and implementation of change communications
- With an eye on innovation and engagement, develop digital content for internal communications (e.g. email newsletters, video assets)
- Support and maintain internal communications digital platforms (e.g. intranet, employee communications app, email distribution lists, internal email program), working with both internal and external support
- Coordinate all logistics and content for regular and ad hoc all hands meetings, including initial invitation and presenter coordination, day-of technical execution, and distribution of follow-up survey and reporting
- Contribute to the People Team’s objective of creating exceptional employee experiences by collaboratively partnering with all functional areas of the People Team on projects/initiatives, and the associated communications
The Corporate Communications Specialist will be a communications professional with relevant experience and expertise, possessing tremendous drive, intelligence, and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to impact the future of the business. The successful candidate will be a thought leader, have a strong customer focus, and be a champion of States Title’s culture and values.
- Strong writing ability that can adjust to an assortment of styles/application (educational, editorial, change management, policy, speech)
- Preference for collaborative partnering over fully independent autonomy
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Creative thinker; ability to execute communications campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet agreed-upon objectives
- Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
- Willingness and ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of the overarching mission, vision, and objectives of the business
- Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to write in a clear yet concise style
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Five or more years of relevant in-house or agency experience, startup experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- Experience with project management tools like Asana, video webinar tools like Zoom, and interactive collaboration tools like Slack
- Basic HTML knowledge for webpage and email creation
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with email platforms such as SendGrid, MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Track record of successfully driving meaningful communications projects to completion
- Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services, or Insurance industries, as well as high-pace, hyper-growth companies is desirable
- Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.
- An unquestionable affinity for creating impactful communications for all stakeholders.
An undergraduate degree in in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or a related field.