States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
We are seeking an extraordinary business executive to join our team to build and substantially scale our operations organization. As Vice President of Operations for States Title, you will design, build, and lead a highly effective team of 4-6 direct reports and up to 300 professionals to deliver material value to States Title’s future direction and growth objectives. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record in building and leading high performing teams to achieve organizational objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Design the strategy and build the operational structure, process and resource plans to successfully manage our new operations platform.
- Help design and develop a new operations facility and plan for future growth.
- Develop a staffing strategy and hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential.
- Define and drive operational performance through enhanced processes, innovation and new technologies.
- Align objectives with company strategy through active participation in strategic planning and forecast development, resource planning, and budgeting.
- Design strategy to grow and scale the operation for future growth
- Set goals and actively manage performance and development opportunities for direct reports.
- Design performance targets and scorecards, and deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Provide leadership and oversight to effectively deploy resources for the highest impact and positive customer experience.
- 10+ years’ experience building and running contact center/business operations centers in multiple locations.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Data driven and skilled at business planning, including managing a P&L.
- Diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Proven experience leading large, complex initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus while serving as a role model and champion of States Title’s culture and values.
- Ability to travel ~20%.
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.