Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Director of Operations Strategy and Planning will report to the National Managing Director of North American Title and will partner with escrow, title, and fulfilment teams to drive efficiency
- Create structure around complex challenges that span the organization’s people and processes. This includes scoping, processing, and implementing process improvements at a national scale through collaboration with regional leadership and associates
- Dive deep to learn details and analyze data, then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized insights and action plans, and then implement
- Collaborate with cross functionally (i.e. FP&A, Data Science, CentralOps, HR) to design, project manage, and implement efficiency metrics that the business will be managed to while incorporating geographic and other nuances
- Indirectly manage regional leadership teams to optimize profitable growth
- Be responsible for achieving specific organizational objectives and key results
- 5+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive every step of the impact process, including:
- Structuring complex problems
- Developing effective solutions based on quantitative and qualitative insights and strong judgment
- Creating cohesive buy-in
- Building strong cross-functional relationships
- Executing with conviction
- Measuring results and iterating
- Ideal experience includes at least one of strategy/operations at a high-growth business, client-facing experience at an investment firm, investment banking firm, or consulting company.
- High level thinker with the ability to not only design the perfect process and make hard judgement calls but also willingness to get your hands dirty and make it work.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to incorporate multiple complex data sets to drive data-driven outputs. Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management tools; ability to navigate a fast-growing complex organization in order to ensure initiatives are properly resourced.
- Adaptable, data-driven, and human-focused.
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.