States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
Customer Obsessed: We always put our customers first.
Solution Driven: We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
People Leaders: We grow all of our people into leaders.
One Team: We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
Direct with Respect: We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
States Title is seeking a Counsel to support its Deputy General Counsel on a diverse range of legal projects and initiatives related to title, closing, and escrow.
Key Job Functions
- Provide legal analysis and research under supervision of Deputy General Counsel on regulatory matters impacting the company’s products and services.
- Provide internal guidance regarding national title, escrow, and closing processes under direction of Deputy General Counsel.
- Assist in resolving regulatory inquiries, audits, and investigations.
- Monitor regulatory changes that may impact our business.
- Work cross-functionally to proactively identify and mitigate upcoming risks.
- Provide general legal support on an as needed basis with respect to other areas of the business.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- 2-4 years of legal experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree and license to practice law.
- A strong understanding of how to apply state and federal regulations around financial services and technology.
- Prior experience in mortgage, title, escrow and/or closing is preferred.
- Knowledge of RESPA and state regulations relating to mortgage, title, escrow and/or closing is preferred.
- Experience in employment matters is a plus.
- Experience with cybersecurity and data privacy regulation is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a passion for measuring performance and making strategy adjustments based on results.
- A self-starter who can work well collaboratively, deliver on commitments, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
As a condition of employment with States Title, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a complete background investigation.