States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Senior Payroll Specialist, People Operations will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded Payroll professional with significant experience in all aspects of payroll processing including payroll taxes, time & attendance reporting systems, working in multiple payroll cycle environments (e.g. paid current and paid in arrears), and auditing payroll files for thoroughness and accuracy. The Senior Payroll Specialist will develop and implement standard Payroll procedures, and their supporting communications and/or training materials. This position will also support the processing of HR transactions that have an impact on pay. The Senior Payroll Specialist will serve as the subject matter expert and internal escalation point for all Payroll related matters and will coordinate with the company’s professional employer organization (PEO) partner on resolutions.
- Manage the time & attendance reporting system, including proactive training for employees and reactive issue resolution
- Process biweekly payrolls, including the upload of any special payments (e.g. bonuses and commissions)
- Process off-cycle payrolls on an as needed basis
- Partner with the Employee Relations team on processing hours for individuals on paid leaves of absence, final paychecks for terminating employees, and any special one-time payments (e.g. severance)
- Monitor and audit payroll registers to proactively identify any processing errors to facilitate the initiation of corrections that avoid any impact to the employee
- Timely providing payroll register details to the Accounting team to enable them to sweep funds, reallocate funds to the payroll bank account, and update general ledger
- Develop and continually refresh a comprehensive payroll processes and procedures document
The Senior Payroll Specialist, People Operations will be a Payroll professional with relevant experience and expertise, possessing tremendous drive, intelligence, and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to create a positive employee experience by ensuring States Title employees are paid accurately and timely. The successful candidate will have a strong customer focus and be a champion of States Title’s culture and values.
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated analytical skill set with extensive experience using MS Excel functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work on tactical details and ensure their accurate execution
- Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
- Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear yet concise manner
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Five to seven years of relevant experience, prior startup and/or profession employer organization (PEO) experience is a plus
- Proficiency with automated payroll/timekeeping systems
- Extensive knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Action, and state laws governing overtime and other pay requirements
- Previous experience managing a payroll processing vendor and/or PEO
- Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field