States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The HR Transactions Specialist, People Operations will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded HR administrator with experience in all aspects of HR transactions processing including entering new hires to the HRMS, completing I-9s, processing salary adjustments, troubleshooting and helping resolve payroll issues, etc. Additionally, this position is responsible for answering questions, resolving issues and providing support and services to employees, managers and other HR professionals. The HR Transactions Specialist will participate in the development and implementation of standard HR & Payroll procedures, and their supporting communications and/or training materials. This role will also serve as the subject matter expert and internal escalation point for all HR Transactions and will coordinate with the company’s Senior Payroll Specialist and the company’s professional employer organization (PEO) partner to resolve pay related issues in an expeditious and timely manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all personal employee information
- Perform necessary follow-ups and assist with reminders of commitments and deadlines
- Enthusiastically support, actively promote, and demonstrate superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
- Ensure adherence with regulatory compliance requirements within area of responsibility and timely report any potential issues to management
- Provide timely response and resolution to questions/concerns from employees, managers and People Team peers
- Conduct analysis to identify trends, share ideas to improve associated processes and systems, and work cross-functionally to implement applicable changes
- Process all HR transactions timely and accurately
- Complete routine audits of the HR/Payroll system to ensure data integrity and research, resolve and/or escalate issues as appropriate
- Partner with the Senior Payroll Specialist on the management of the time & attendance reporting system, including training for employees and reactive issue resolution support
- Serve as a backup to the Senior Payroll Specialist for processing biweekly payrolls, including the upload of any special payments (e.g. bonuses and commissions)
- Assist as needed in processing off-cycle payrolls on an as needed basis
- Partner with the Employee Relations team on troubleshoot employee concerns and supporting through resolution
- Regularly monitor and audit employee census reports to proactively identify any processing errors to facilitate the initiation of corrections as so to avoid any impact to the employee
- Develop and continually refresh a comprehensive HR transactions processes and procedures document
The HR Transactions Specialist, People Operations will be a HR professional with relevant experience and expertise, possessing tremendous drive, intelligence, and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to create a positive employee experience by ensuring States Title employees’ transactions are processed accurately and timely. The successful candidate will have a strong customer focus and be a champion of States Title’s culture and values.
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to identify root causes of issues and optimal resolution
- Ability and willingness to work on tactical details and ensure their accurate execution
- Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
- Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear yet concise manner
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Three to five years of relevant experience, prior startup and/or profession employer organization (PEO) experience is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Action, and state laws governing overtime and other pay requirements
- Previous experience supporting employees in a multi-location and multi-state environment
- Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
An associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field, or comparable experience