States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
About the role
States Title is seeking a Senior Manager of Business Operations to lead critical cross-functional initiatives to drive growth and efficiency across the business. This high-impact leadership role will work directly with the company’s management team to define, plan and execute a dynamic set of strategic initiatives for a fast-growing, disruptive PropTech/InsurTech startup.
What will you be doing?
- Create structure around the company’s most complex business challenges, developing frameworks in which to evaluate potential solutions, gaining buy-in from critical business leaders and creating clear plans to quickly execute solutions
- Dive deep to learn details and analyze data, then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized insights and recommendations
- Clearly articulate goals and persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives; influence decisions by building consensus and mobilizing towards execution
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the company (product, engineering, legal, field operations, marketing, sales, etc.) that enable you to execute rapidly with cross-functional support
- Execute recommendations with clarity and conviction, adjusting where necessary based on early results; effectively communicate progress and blockers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5 + years of experience in consulting, business operations, strategy or other related fields
- Demonstrated ability to drive every step of the impact process, including:
- Structuring complex problems
- Developing effective solutions based on quantitative and qualitative insights and strong judgment
- Creating cohesive buy-in
- Building strong cross-functional relationships
- Executing with conviction
- Measuring results and iterating
- Tenaciously impact and action oriented, pushing relentlessly for solutions that drive tangible value to the business
- Strong analytical chops combined with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Quickly learn new technologies, software, processes and concepts; must be curious and hungry to learn a unique industry
- A self-starter who can work well collaboratively, deliver on commitments, prioritize assignments and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A passion for measuring performance and making strategy adjustments based on results
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.