About States Title
We believe real estate should be simpler, safer, and cheaper to buy, to sell, and to own.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
In this role you will be responsible for major procurement and operations vendor related activities while serving as the primary point of contact for vendor related initiatives and issues. You will also be responsible for on boarding activities and monitoring vendor performance compared to established service level standards and assist operations management as an escalation point in resolving transactional vendor issues. You will ensure consistent management of sourcing and synch with legal on the contract management process. You will understand end-user requirements and provide them with project/account management support on vendor related project activities.
This individual will work closely with operational and other business units in a cross-functional and collaborative capacity. This is a new function and requires the individual to develop the vendor management strategy and roadmap for States Title, as well deliver robust processes/technology tools/policies, governance, and excellent customer service to the company at-large. This role requires someone who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization using the right level of processes and creative ideas to make a significant impact. This individual will have accountability for shaping strategy, policy, and centrally driving consistent application of vendor management strategies. They will develop enterprise-wide vendor risk assessment/mitigation program and a roadmap to support ongoing vendor risk management.
- Develop vendor management and procurement policies, procedures, and management tools
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to strategically develop, implement and optimize vendor management processes, tools and policies to address vendor risk, compliance, and performance objectives
- Assess potential new vendor partners, maintain up to date assessments and contact information, and work with operations management on ongoing strategies and opportunities
- Monitor the marketplace for trending issues and inform internal customers of changes in the market that may impact the supplier base
- Build out the governance model for top tier vendors in partnership with key constituents
- Perform strategic, financial and security due diligence for potential new vendors and develops an ongoing process for scheduled reviews/assessments
- Drive the Request for Information, Request for Proposal, Negotiation, and initial evaluation of competing bids to ensure unbiased selection of vendors
- Develop and implement metrics to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance and apply continuous improvement; evaluate opportunities to improve, enhance or expand vendors
- Analyze total spend and vendor performance and identify performance trends taking corrective action as necessary to improve performance
- Act as a liaison between vendor partners and operations management in resolving service delivery issues
- Act as Project Manager on vendor and reporting related initiatives to ensure that client needs are met
- Assist on real estate/facilities related matters as it pertains to procurement and vendor management activities
- Support the implementation of sourcing strategies to achieve both one-time and annual reductions in spend, while maintaining/improving customer service
- Assist Legal on the development and maintenance of a contract repository, modifications, and critical vendor-related correspondence
- Analyzes significant and/or unique operational contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Develop and be responsible for project budget managament
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of direct experience in Procurement and/or Vendor Network Management
- Experience in Strategic Supplier Relationship Management and Third-Party Risk Management
- Experience with Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation with third party providers
- Collaborative work style (with internal stakeholders and external vendors)
- Strong managerial, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in data collection and analysis
- Comfortable interacting with senior level management and other internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with outsourcing, performance measuring, and monitoring
- Ability to satisfy multiple customer needs
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.