About States Title
We believe real estate should be simpler, safer, and cheaper to buy, to sell, and to own.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
To achieve our mission, we seek an experienced Project Manager to oversee projects that span Technology and Operations functions and supporting initiatives. This role will collaborate with all departmental functions across the company to ensure successful delivery of projects that are operationally or technologically driven. We need a highly motivated, operationally and technically minded and data-oriented leader to help continue to transform our business and get actionable results. This roll is an opportunity to help transform the way we operate and drive to a new technology-driven business model. We are looking for a hands-on Project Manager to be responsible for developing, organizing, socializing, and iterating on initiatives and activities. You will coordinate the execution and cross-functionally engage teams and stakeholders in order to advance a portfolio of change initiatives. This will require the use of technology tools, analytics, and process management to transform how we operate today.
Working with Operations and Technology Senior Leadership, you will help define and drive the most significant operational and technological challenges that stand in the way of achieving our strategic goals. In conjunction with Operations Management and Product Managers/Software Engineers, you will proactively identify project interdependencies across initiatives, manage issues to resolution, and deploy technology tools and processes. In addition, you will advise on, make recommendations and develop solutions to ensure timely implementation of initiatives. This roll will require working with the team to properly allocate resources and manage workflows in a dynamic and changing environment. You will be responsible for assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects, communicating project status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. This will require that you build and manage relationships with key project stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the Business.
- Translate strategy into action, and oversee/manage the aspects of strategic initiatives which includes multiple ongoing projects in support of critical processes and technology
- Serve as the central coordinator between project participants using strong negotiation, relationship management and communication skills to ensure projects progress on schedule and parties are appropriately informed and engaged
- Utilize technology tools to enable management and delivery of initiatives
- Identify project interdependencies and ensure stakeholders understand and operate with these interdependencies in mind
- Review project status, ensure progress is in line with overall goals, and develop/manage planning across projects and operational units
- Assess time sensitive project issues, develop solutions, and coordinate the implementation of those resolutions in order to meet overall productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives
- Perform intervention, conflict management and problem-solving with project participants and management or other stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop mechanisms and tools to monitor progress of multiple projects across-initiatives and ensure alignment
- Oversee the development, implementation, and documentation of common procedures and technology that can be applied cross-functionally, ensuring adherence to standards and procedures
- Oversee project financials and report on issues that might drive cost overruns as well as the annual budget for the unit
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent; Project Management Certification is a desired
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proven skills in project management, product development, business and IT planning processes, and the end to end process from idea inception to delivery
- Strong judgment and influencing, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead teams, run meetings, and facilitate discussions at all levels
- Ability to operate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn needs of a wide range of associates across the organization while driving performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Agility and the ability to work in ambiguity
- Proven background and comfort in utilizing various technology and tools to ensure project success
- Highly organized and possesses the ability to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environmentAbility to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Track record as a successful change agent; desire to make an impact and lead changeStrong attention to detail and results focused approach
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.