States Title is looking for an experienced Accountant with great technical skills, who adapts well to an evolving environment, exhibits initiative, problem-solving skills, teamwork, and who is interested in a great career path.
WHO WE ARE
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the title industry. We’re always strategizing, problem-solving, iterating, and looking for new ways to do things better and more efficiently. We recently joined forces with North American Title Company, one of the largest real estate settlement service providers in the United States. The combined company is poised to become a true market leader.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People Leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
- This is an exciting time to join the team as a Senior Accountant who exhibits leadership skills, independent thinking, and initiative.
- You will be involved in process improvement – ensuring strong controls, and accurate accounting across a variety of technical topics.
- Assist in the month end close process with committed leadership and teamwork.
- Create and maintain periodic reports summarizing business and financial activities.
- Perform specialized calculations, reconcile difficult discrepancies, and other accounting functions.
- Assist with various regulatory reporting requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4+ years of experience with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with month end close cycles, journal entries, reconciliations, prorations, taxes, banking, compliance, audit, policies and practices, and working knowledge of consolidation accounting
- Knowledge of company’s internal control and audit protocols
- Math skills are essential
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience utilizing pivot Tables, Vlookups, and other advanced features.
- Operating at a high level of productivity and efficiency to meet critical deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA (or MBA) and public accounting or relevant industry experience preferred
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs., finger dexterity is necessary
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.