Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
About the role
States Title is seeking a Director of Regulatory Engagement to lead our critical efforts to proactively engage and collaborate with regulators to bring our innovative products to consumers across the country.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the company’s overall regulatory strategy, including:
- Introduce our innovative products to regulators and clearly communicate how each fits within regulatory guidelines and will substantively benefit consumers
- Maintain positive and proactive relationships with regulators through ongoing updates and communication
- Monitor regulatory changes that may impact our business
- Engage and manage outside counsel, lobbyists and/or government relations professionals necessary to the furtherance of company goals
- Engage and maintain relationships with industry trade associations, attending relevant industry events, liaising with association leadership and partnering with these associations where relevant
- Engage and maintain relationships with Government Sponsored Enterprises, sharing updates and partnering on innovations that make home ownership easier, cheaper and more efficient for borrowers
- Partner across the company provide regulatory oversight in the following areas:
- Title premium and escrow fee pricing
- New licensing applications
- Marketing and public relations
- Manage reputation and public presence in regulatory adjacent spaces, strategically speaking at relevant events, issuing white papers, etc.
- Respond to regulator inquiries and/or audits
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory affairs, preferably in real estate, tech, lending or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong relationships with regulators, trade associations and other key external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience crafting company narratives in regulated spaces
- Experience understanding and interpreting a regulatory landscape, including analysis of statutes, political landscape, relationships and party interests
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the company
- Quickly learns new technologies, software, processes and concepts.
- Have a passion for measuring performance and making strategy adjustments based on results.
- A self-starter who can work well collaboratively, deliver on commitments, prioritize assignments and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.