Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
• Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
• Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
• People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
• One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
• Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Corporate Communications Specialist will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate will be trained and experienced in all aspects of corporate communications, with prior hands-on experience developing and driving such to successful completion. She/he must appropriately balance “textbook theory” with “practical realities” in order to gain and retain critical stakeholder buy-in to, and in some cases the appreciation for, the importance of effective communications in change management efforts. The Corporate Communications Specialist will lead, develop and execute a strategic internal communications program that aligns with States Title’s business priorities, as well as shapes employee engagement and champions the cultural values for the organization. Additionally, she/he will consult with Senior Leaders on any Media and/or Community Affairs related matters. The role will also play an active role in supporting the content development of both instructor-led and e-learning training courses that strive to enable business success and contribute to making States Title the place where the best people in the industry come together to do the best work of their careers.
- Ownership and responsibility for the development and implementation of all company-wide communications
- Consult with and advise Senior Leaders on any Media and/or Community Affairs related matters
- Partner with the business and the Change Management Specialist on the development and implementation of change communication strategies and tactics
- Serve as the primary thought leader and champion of company-wide communications, including the company’s intranet content
- Create engaging and informative communications that are tailored to various audiences (e.g., executives, People team, business leaders, and frontline employees), yet retain a consistent and common connection to the organization’s core values
- Contribution to the People Team’s objective of creating exceptional employee experiences by collaboratively partnering with all functional areas of the People Team on all projects/initiatives, and the associated communications
- Partner with the People Operations’ Learning & Development specialist on course content creation and/or updates
- Work collaboratively with our Talent Acquisition team to develop and strengthen employer branding in the talent marketplace
- Keep abreast of trends in corporate communications and public relations in order to create and then maintain a strategic advantage for States Title
- Seek opportunities to strengthen collaborative relationships between the People Team and its many stakeholders and partners including line leadership and management, other support functions, our Professional Employer Organization (PEO) partner, and all frontline staff
- Develop and implement a structured repository of all communication for documentation and future reference
The Corporate Communications Specialist will be a communications professional with relevant experience and expertise, possessing tremendous drive, intelligence, and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to impact the future of the business. The successful candidate will be a thought leader, have a strong customer focus, and be a champion of States Title’s culture and values.
• Preference for collaborative partnering over fully independent autonomy
• Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
• Strategic and creative thinker; ability to execute communications campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet agreed-upon objectives
• Ability and willingness to work on strategic plans as well as on the tactical details and actual execution
• Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
• Willingness and ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of the overarching mission, vision, and objectives of the business
• Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
• Ability to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously
• Proven ability to write in a clear yet concise style
• Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
• Five or more years of relevant in-house or agency experience, startup experience is a plus
• Proficiency in PowerPoint Add-In and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
• Experience with project management tools like Asana, with content management tools like Hootsuite, Sendgrid, MuckRack,, and Instructional Design tools like Articulate Storyline is a plus
• Track record of successfully driving meaningful communications projects to completion
• Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services, or Insurance industries, as well as high-pace, hyper-growth companies is desirable
• Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption
• Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
• Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.
• An unquestionable affinity for creating impactful communications for all stakeholders.
An undergraduate degree in in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or a related field.