Transform the product that closes every real estate transaction
Want to infuse a $20B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with first-of-its-kind customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate transaction model into the wild.
It’s no secret the housing market has peaked. Lenders, banks and realtors want to differentiate themselves so they can ride the down market and boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience are leaps and bounds above the current market standard in terms of speed and value---so we’re growing massively.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction needs our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow sure makes sure funds are secure and the right people get paid at the end of the day.
Our streamlined, efficient algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company on January 7th. With a broad nationwide footprint, we are poised to turbocharge this industry, repurposing the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
You are fired up to:
- Use your raw engineering intuition to revolutionize a 150 year old industry
- Help design pragmatic, extensible architecture to evolve our core underwriting and title processing products
- Create and integrate a platform for machine learning and predictive analytics that materially differentiates our business
- Learn and leverage the ins and outs of complex, valuable problem domains
- Generate high-quality code in balance with rapid feature delivery
- Wisdom equivalent to:
- 4-6 years contributing to full-stack or backend projects, ideally across a variety of professional contexts (e.g. start-ups and large companies, or consumer- and business-facing applications)
- A love for cloud technologies.
- A passion for solving complex problems.
- Strong opinions, loosely held, about all things engineering
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Robust, auditable, and automatically-tested software fit for financial services
- Technical professionalism: maintainable, readable, extensible design and implementation
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.