Senior Director, Finance
Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
• Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
• Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
• People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
• One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
• Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Senior Director of Finance, Lead Financial Officer (Agency) will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. Reporting directly to the VP, Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the successful candidate will serve as the liaison between Finance and the legacy North American Title Company business unit, providing both consistent and ad-hoc analytical support.
• Design and produce monthly reporting processes and presentations
• Provide thoughtful variance commentary / analysis to explain business results
• Build budgets / forecasts and lead periodic reviews with the legacy North American Title Company business, spanning both divisional and executive leadership
• Set short and long term financial targets, and hold business partners accountable
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support across a wide-breadth of Finance-related requests
The Senior Director of Finance will be a seasoned Finance professional with superior drive and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have an impact on the future of the business. The successful candidate will have a solutions-based mindset, a strong customer focus, and be an advocate of States Title culture and values.
• 7+ years of increasing responsibility in finance with a focus on quantitative analysis, Financial Planning and Analysis, and close interaction with client businesses
• Prior background working in an organization with a highly regarded finance team
• Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation
• Experience in Financial Services and/or Technology industries as well as a high-pace, hyper-growth company
• Experience implementing complex strategies, programs, processes and ideas in a practical, consumable manner
• Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
• Strong interpersonal skills; high EQ
• High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
• Ability to think strategically, but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
An undergraduate degree is required, and a Master’s degree in Business or Finance is ideal.