Transform the product that closes every real estate transaction
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with machine intelligence and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
It’s no secret the housing market has peaked. Lenders, banks and realtors want to differentiate themselves so they can ride the down market and boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience are leaps and bounds above the current market standard in terms of speed and value---so we’re growing massively.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction needs our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow sure makes sure funds are secure and the right people get paid at the end of the day.
Our streamlined, efficient algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company on January 7th. With a broad nationwide footprint, we are poised to turbocharge this industry, repurposing the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We're rapidly growing our product and design teams
As a user experience designer at States Title, you'll take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. You'll interact frequently with a team with significant accomplishments at PayPal, Facebook, eBay, Oracle, and Capital One behind them. At the same time, you’ll visit and interact with title and escrow experts in a variety of contexts and jurisdictions to formulate a revolution in what is normally a painful customer experience journey.
You’ll measure success by the amount of seamlessness and customer delight you drive as you dream up a revolution, transforming a process now replete with inefficient email, telephone, and paper interactions. You’ll design a unified, modern interface and platform for realtors, lenders, buyers, sellers, and agents, and attract actors seeking greater earnings and efficiencies in the post-peak housing market.
Do you have what it takes?
- 4-10 years of relevant experience in user experience design
- What's relevant? Any of the following:
- Fintech: you've designed credit, money-management, real estate or insurance products
- Large SaaS or consumer product platforms
- Title: you’ve designed a customer-facing or escrow-officer facing software system
- Ideally, you can:
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create user personas through research and data
- Define the optimal interaction model for a new application and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve usability problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and product managers quickly and efficiently
- Keep up with competitor products and industry trends
- Demonstrate familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Impressively wield design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma)
- Extra points:
- You double as a UI/visual designer
- B.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Background in project management and research
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Excellent benefits: Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.