Build the platform that transforms the real estate industry
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
It’s no secret the housing market has peaked. Lenders, banks and realtors are dying to know how to ride the down market and boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience is leaps and bounds above what they’re used to in terms of speed and value.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction needs our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow makes sure the right people get paid at the end of the day.
Our streamlined, efficient algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company on January 7th. With a broader nationwide footprint, we are poised to transform this industry, repurposing the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
You are fired up to:
- Learn the ins and outs of complex, valuable problem domains
- Grow and leverage your team to create critical business value
- Deliver high-quality, high-impact products that transform an industry
- Use your experience and creativity to recruit top tier talent
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic organization
- Wisdom equivalent to:
- 2+ years leading and growing engineering teams, ideally across a variety of professional contexts (e.g. start-ups and large companies, or consumer- and business-facing applications)
- A love for cloud technologies.
- Strong opinions, loosely held, about all things engineering
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Robust, auditable, and automatically-tested software fit for financial services
- Technical professionalism: maintainable, readable, extensible design and implementation
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.