Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Pay range: $20 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Brand Ambassador who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is positive, confident, outgoing, personable, and well-spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. Our Brand Ambassadors will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and also weekends.
Work schedules can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments. The position is part-time and includes evenings and weekends.
- Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
- Communicative: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
What you’ll do:
- Staff local public and private events hosted by Starry and other partners
- Communicate success stories, key learnings, and other activities to Marketing team
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of events
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- This position requires driving a Starry vehicle. You’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with events
- You feel passionate about Starry and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
- You have political canvassing experience
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.