Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Pay range: $20 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Brand Ambassador who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well-spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of potential customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Brand Ambassadors are needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends. Actual work schedules are flexible and can accommodate class schedules or other commitments. This position reports to the Subscription Acquisition Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and take down multiple events a week
- Staff events and engage with potential customers about all things Starry
- Accompany Subscription Sales Representatives on door-to-door (D2D) activities
- Deliver, assemble and stock permanent placements at Starry properties
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with event logistics
- Canvas Starry properties and hang posters to generate awareness
- Assemble D2D/event handouts/giveaways for potential customers
- Track event activities using reporting tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-6 months experience in events, or customer facing role (internship acceptable)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to potential customers, business stakeholders and team
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Previous experience as a Brand Ambassador
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Political canvassing experience a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.