Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone to manage our core team of our Revenue Operations professionals and create the strategy and execution plans for the Marketing and Sales teams. You will be a strategic partner for the org who can set the tone for our business vision over the next five years, but one who can also quickly execute on a quarter by quarter basis. You should be comfortable running a team, and equally comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to drive analysis forward - a true player, coach.
As the Revenue Operations Director, you will report to Starry’s VP of Market Operations and have daily interactions with both our Chief Marketing Officer and SVP of Sales. This is a customer facing team and a critically important driver to Starry’s continued growth.
What you’ll do:
- Own Revenue Operations processes and activities for Sales and Marketing
- Own and drive consistent improvements for all processes including on-boarding, training, CRM and all operational activities
- Partner with Starry’s SVP Sales and our CMO to provide strategic input on Starry’s new business initiatives
- Interface daily with regional market directors to ensure smooth operations
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders from the Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales, Data, and GIS teams on behalf of sales operations to develop operational solutions and best practices
- Responsible for implementing best practices around pipeline tracking, top of funnel tracking, and ensuring the appropriate sales/marketing enablement strategies
- Responsible for ensuring accurate commission tracking and calculation in collaboration with Finance
- Actively identify the most effective, scalable opportunities to address issues and opportunities; translate into actionable goals with supporting activities for each
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize Salesforce CRM effectiveness across the sales organization
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to maximize marketing effectiveness
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Directors in making data driven decisions to drive team efficiency and maximize ROI
- Create dashboards and provide real-time reports to provide visibility into the pipeline and track quotas, leaderboards, and contests
- Lead the development and documentation of best practices, tools, and training and keep the sales/marketing teams updated on any new processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage and complete cross functional projects in a dynamic environment
- 6-8 years sales or business operations experience in a business-to-business sales or marketing environment
- Management experience
- Extensive knowledge of CRM and business intelligence tools (Salesforce a plus, Looker experience nice but not required)
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive teamwork
- Excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Availability to travel, approximately 10%
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.