Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
- Competitors: People who have a strong desire to win and be the best, whether it’s at work, in sports, or even a friendly bet
- Teammates: People who come to work everyday with 3 intentions: to have a positive mindset, to do what’s right, and to help others
- Strategic closers: Goal-orientated sales people who deliver results and consistently exceed their performance objectives
- Self-motivated achievers: Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic that are driven by growth and development
- Game-changers: Persistent salespeople who will stop at nothing to live out Starry’s mission to deliver better Internet for all
What you'll do:
As a Starry Mid Market Account Executive, you'll be part of a team entrusted to support Starry’s nationwide expansion by delivering next generation internet technology to properties. This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on achieving results and generating revenue. This role will also spend a lot of time in the field; this is not a desk job!
*Internally, we call this role a Mid Market Account Executive.
- Promoting and selling Starry Internet to building owners, property management, and residents via building access agreements
- Managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities, while achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting and researching new accounts, with strategic outreach through emails, phone calls, and in-person visits
- Fundamentally understanding Starry’s proprietary technology as well as value proposition, and disseminating this knowledge to the customer
- A strong drive for results, with the ability to overcome objections
- Extremely motivated by goals and numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 1 year of professional sales experience (or strong drive to be in field sales)
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding quota
- Familiar with Salesforce or other CRM software is preferred
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.