Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a clear analytics strategy
- Build and lead a team of analytic engineers
- Take ownership of our data infrastructure (current stack: Snowflake, Postgres, Stitch, dbt and Looker)
- Scale our self-service analytics practice by pulling in new data sources, enhancing existing data models and training business users
- Conduct exploratory analysis to uncover insights and identify trends in customer behavior and network performance
- Work closely with growth marketing team to forecast and measure campaign performance that help determine strategy and budget
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to apply data at every step of the decision making process
- Enforce data governance across the organization
- Eagerness to build a best-in-class data practice
- 5+ years of experience working in analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL (familiarity with dbt a plus!)
- Proficiency in a scripting language, Python preferred
- Familiar with modern data technologies/stack such as Airflow, DBT, Snowflake, Redshift, Docker, Git, Looker, Mode, Tableau etc.
- Strong ability to build collaborative, productive relationships with colleagues/teams across Starry
- Skilled at working in an autonomous environment where you’ll work independently to execute on various projects
- Experience with subscription businesses is a plus!
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.