Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About this role:
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team. You will report to our Assistant General Counsel, Corporate and will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal support and counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing company. This position will be based out of our Boston, Massachusetts headquarters or out of our Los Angeles, California office, with partially remote schedules considered.
In this position you will wear many hats and work on a variety of legal matters, including, but not limited to: NDAs, fiber agreements, independent contractor agreements, staffing services agreements, supply chain contracts, trade compliance, SaaS agreements, construction permitting, and other miscellaneous transactional matters. You will also assist with the development of Starry’s processes, forms and protocols and handling/managing litigation and outside counsel. This role requires close collaboration with other members of the legal team and across all departments of Starry, including information security, supply chain, people operations and engineering.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is fundamentally rethinking the internet business. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can effectively juggle multiple projects, and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders. You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely and have the ability to confidently analyze and research complex legal issues.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and strong academic credentials.
- Admission in good standing to a State bar.
- 3+ years of applicable legal experience. Law firm experience is required, and commercial contracting and technology experience is a major bonus.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to highest ethical standards.
- An ownership mentality, with the curiosity to learn about all aspects of Starry’s business.
- Ability to work independently to assess and resolve legal issues and the judgment to know when to ask for support from your colleagues.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment requiring flexibility and creativity in problem solving and risk assessment.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.