Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2022 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Mobile engineering Co-Ops are remote eligible, with our preference being in office one day a week. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Position Overview: You will be working alongside our team of Android developers expanding and maintaining both customer facing and internal applications to serve Starry customers and our field teams. You will be working with modern technologies for Android and Kotlin development including Kotlin Multiplatform, Jetpack Compose, SwiftUI, modern design patterns, clean architecture, etc.
- Kotlin: You should be comfortable with writing code, debugging and troubleshooting issues that might arise. You should have prior Android project experience.
- Environment: We are a fast paced, fun, and collaborative startup environment. You’ll actively participate in brainstorming, ideating, and ultimately writing and shipping production ready code.
- Flexibility, Adaptability: We are a startup and that means that whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline. You may have an opportunity to work with other teams.
- Eagerness: This is a small team packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn in parallel areas - Firmware, Mechanical Engineering, Product Development, Marketing, etc. are immense.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.