Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2022 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Our RF Systems Engineering Co-Ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
The Radio Frequency Systems Engineering team plays a key role in the design and development of Starry’s technology. Engineers on the RFSE team will take early modules from the Mechanical, RF and Firmware teams and integrate them into functional prototypes for determining initial performance and developing optimization algorithms. Additionally, this team takes new products from experiments to active deployment and ensures they succeed.
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate newly designed modules into functional systems for proof-of-concept
- Create and execute system test plans
- Design, create schematics for, and build system test beds
- Develop automation software for system-level tests
- System circuit design and soldering
- Experience with electronics labs and test equipment, including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
- Enthusiastic about working in the lab.
- Proficiency with Linux, Python, networking, and/or bash
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of RF/mmWave principles
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.