Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
This newly created position on the accounting team will be responsible for managing the Company’s monthly financial reporting, along with being a key contributor to the monthly financial close process and playing a key role in the implementation of our COSO internal control framework as it pertains to financial reporting. You will have the opportunity to drive critical initiatives to help scale and sustain the finance function as the Company experiences rapid growth – such as reducing the time to close, enhancing financial reporting, systems optimization, and control implementation.
This will be a hybrid location (Boston office and WFH)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial reporting including internal, external, and ad-hoc business reporting
- Responsible for the Company’s strategic partnership accounting and reporting, which includes the preparation and review of deliverables to both internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining our external partner relationships
- Assisting with the monthly financial close
- Assisting with the implementation of the Company’s COSO internal control framework, including documentation of key financial reporting controls and ensuring the operating effectiveness of the newly implemented controls
- Assisting with the implementation of remediation plans intended to address any audit deficiencies reported, and internal control gaps identified by management
- Identifying opportunities to improve and/or standardize existing processes and controls, along with assessing new systems and processes to identify possible financial and operational risks prior to launch
- Assist with the development of the accounting team
- Assist with independent auditor interim fieldwork and audit requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- 7+ years of accounting experience, with public and private industry experience
- Experience with auditing financial controls and operations with a working knowledge of regulatory compliance
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including proficiency in US GAAP
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis, and exercise professional judgment
- Ability to discuss complex issues with multiple levels of management and influence perspectives
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to self-start and research independently
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.