Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
Columbus is a brand new market for Starry, and this is your opportunity to get in on the ground level! As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for identifying and engaging building owners, property managers, and real estate developers in order to support Starry’s nationwide expansion to new property portfolios. This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on achieving results and generating revenue. You will be working in the field, visiting potential properties, and at times going door-to-door. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting and research new clients
- Strategic outreach through emails, phone calls, and in-person visits
- Building and nurturing business relationships
- Managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities
A great BDR is:
- Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
- Resilient: not afraid of rejection and able to handle external pressure with equanimity
- Emotionally intelligent: a confident and empathetic communicator
- Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, proactively seeks feedback, and is obsessed with growth and development
- Creative: feels energized by new problems to solve and loves implementing new ideas quickly and with limited resources
- You possess a strong drive for results, and can overcome objections.
- Previous experience in customer service is preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.