Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
Starry is looking for a Director of Field Marketing to help lead the charge in driving our subscriber growth in Boston! In this position, you will build and scale Starry’s local marketing efforts through brand awareness and local field events, while also partnering closely with the Sales Director to drive customer acquisition. Reporting to the Senior Director of Field Marketing, you will be responsible for the approach to marketing in the Boston market from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and execute Starry’s local marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships
- Drive accountability with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Partner with Sales Director to align on goals and plans
- Oversee and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs with teams.
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Develop plan to acquire new customers/subscribers in the Boston market through local channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Drive ongoing initiatives to foster a community, convert and engage new subscribers
- Develop and implement a robust marketing plan for opening new Beam Zones
- Oversee the management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts
- Adapt national marketing programs to ensure success at a local level
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-10+ years experience in marketing, ideally in local field marketing and/or customer acquisition
- Passionate about Starry and our mission
- Experience successfully managing and leading a marketing team
- Ability to closely partner with sales teams
- Experience working with and understanding different demographics and backgrounds
- Understanding of the Boston market and neighborhoods
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.